Have you ever wondered if you should be your own boss, but not sure if that was the right move? Here are the top signs that you should be self-employed:
- You’re self motivated. You don’t need someone telling you what to do and can get things done without someone looking over your shoulder.
- You can stay cool under pressure. Running your own business can be demanding and stressful at times. By staying calm and focused on the task at hand, you can withstand the storms that are sure to come.
- You have passion for what you do. You don’t just like it, you love it. It’s not work to you, and you could do it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and not get tired of it.
- You don’t like to give up. When you start something, you finish it. You enjoy the challenge of someone saying it cant be done, or that YOU can’t do it.
- You’ve been fired multiple times. This could mean you’re not meant to work for someone else.
- You worry about layoffs. It can be stressful wondering if you’ll have a job tomorrow and how you’ll survive. The robots are coming. Automation is here to stay.
- You think outside the box. Instead of following the crowd, you seek your own path and have your own ideas. You’re also not afraid to implement them.
- You’re not afraid to take risks. The most successful entrepreneurs are willing to step out of their comfort zones. They know the bigger the risk, the greater the reward.
- You prefer to associate with go-getters and other entrepreneurs. Birds of a feather flock together.
- You’re bored with routine. Some people prefer the 9-5, while others prefer a more flexible schedule.
- You read about successful entrepreneurs. You wonder how Oprah, Steve Jobs and others became successful. What did they do??
- You want multiple streams of income. Many people want this, but the entrepreneur actually works hard to make this a reality.
- You want to leave a legacy. Many entrepreneurs want to create a business that can be passed down from generation to generation.
- You like being responsible. You enjoy being in charge and being the prime decision maker.
- You want to be your own boss. No further explanation necessary.
Should you be self-employed? Sound off! What are your top signs that you should be self-employed?
Get more great tips in my new book Readi-Set Go! A Simple Guide to Establishing a Successful Small Business in paperback or Kindle on Amazon. Pick up your copy HERE!