Do you have what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur? Here are the top characteristics:
- They take it seriously. Successful entrepreneurs stay focused on the task at hand. They don’t get sidetracked by trivial things and keep their eyes on the big picture.
- They manage money wisely. Owning a business can have periods of feast or famine. Entrepreneurs understand the importance of spending wisely and watching every penny.
- Entrepreneurs do what they love. Successful entrepreneurs do what they enjoy. Working long hours doesn’t phase them because they don’t consider it work.
- They become “the expert.” Successful entrepreneurs know they don’t know. In other words, they are always seeking knowledge and doing everything they can to become the expert in their field.
- They have a solid reputation. One negative tweet or Facebook post can destroy a business and a person’s reputation. Good reputations aren’t bought, they are earned. By focusing on keeping their customers happy and delivering an outstanding product, entrepreneurs know this is the key to having a great reputation.
- They get back to you quickly. There’s nothing worse than waiting on someone to return your call or deliver on a promise. Successful entrepreneurs understand time is money: the longer it takes to respond to their customers, the more money can be lost.
- They are self motivated. Successful entrepreneurs believe they will be successful, regardless of the current situation. No matter what anyone says, they know in the end they will prevail.
- High risk tolerance. Success requires a person getting out of their comfort zone and trying new things. The most successful in business understand this and are willing to take the risks that most people never would even consider.
- Master negotiators. Negotiating deals is part of running a business. Top negotiators know how to have everyone feel like a winner when the deal is done.
- They make decisions. Entrepreneurs know the importance of thinking fast and making decisions quickly. Doubt and second guessing can cripple a business.
Do you have what it takes to run a successful business? What are YOUR top traits? Get more tips on running a successful business in my newly released book co-written by Jeffrey White: Read – Set Go! A Simple Guide to Establishing a Successful Small Business.
Pick up a copy HERE on Amazon!